Forms & Applications
Absent Voter Ballots
Absentee Ballots are available by submitting the application below. For more information absent voting, see our elections and voting page.
- Vacant Acreage Sales
- Subdivisions, Commercial & Industrial Vacant Land Sales
- Economic Condition Factors for 2023
- Blight Ordinance Complaint Form
The Homeower’s Principal Residence Exemption Affidavit allows you to claim an exemption on your home which will lower your school tax bill. For you to be eligible for this exemption, you must own and occupy our house as your legal principal residence by May 1 of each year. You may only claim on house as your principal residence.
The Land Division Act of 1997 requires that the division of land be approved by a land division review official. The application process and the review of land divisions will be a key tool for accurately recording land divisions in Inverness Township.
Property owners wishing to divide property must first complete the Parcel Division Application below and contact Assessor Clayton McGovern at 231-627-5783. Mailing address: 223 S. Huron Street, Cheboygan, MI 49721.
Deferment of Summer Taxes
Summer taxes may be deferred until February 14th. To qualify for this deferment a household income cannot exceed $35,000. The applicant must also be 62 years of age or older, paraplegic, quadriplegic, eligible service person, veteran, widow or widower, blind, or totally and permanently disabled. Additionally, those that farm agricultural real property may also qualify.
Freedom of information Act (FOIA)
- FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
- Public Summary of FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
- FOIA Request for Public Records
- Notice to Extend Response Time for FOIA Request
- Notice of Denial of FOIA Request
- FOIA Appeal Form – To Appeal a Denial of Records
- FOIA Appeal Form – To Appeal an Excess Fee